Friday, July 24, 2009

Time to Blog again!

It's been the busiest summer ever, in case anyone's thinking we slow down in July and August! Christy Ekman and I have offered sessions for teachers who are "new to grade level"- since there was an unprecedented amount of movement this year. Going from grade 2 to 6? We'll get you caught up and reduce the stress level a bit! I am also offering sessions on how to use bar diagrams, and meeting with new math coaches. Additionally, Anne Marie Montgomery, my 7-12 counterpart, and I have been very busy putting together a proposal for a grant through the California Math and Science Partnership. If we obtain this award, professional development will be provided for the next three years to participating teachers in grades 5 through Algebra I, through a partnership with RCC and UCR. With so little money in the state, EVERYONE is applying for very few awards. It is a significant endeavor and very time consuming, but will be worth it if we are successful. There are many other tasks, and I definitely want to upload all of the things I've been promising to the math website, so stay tuned. It's coming along! Time to get back to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment